How to maintain a wholesale department while making it clean and attractive?
Fairly recent on the market, wholesale shelves in supermarkets and hypermarkets are on the rise. A constantly growing trend in the organic market, more and more stores are opting for this method of sale-articlesoul. Many surfaces are open every year, almost everywhere in Australia. In the oldest, Day by Day, which opened its doors in 2013, now has 7 stores.
Day by Day being one forerunner of this new mode of consumption, it can today rejoice in the dazzling growth of this method of sale and the flagrant interest of customers-articlesoul.
In order to offer the best existing wholesale shelves and to differentiate itself from the competition, it is important to maintain clean and attractive shelves. This can be complicated when nearly 75% of organic stores already have a wholesale department.
Here are some tips to make a difference in the market.
wholesale network: it’s a little story
Is an association created which defends, supports, informs, and organizes the trades of wholesale sales. The very first interprofessional association at the global level supports professionals in the food and non-food wholesale sales sector.
Composed of 12 professionals from the sector, the association lives thanks to its 500 members.
Their activity is based on:
- The development of the wholesale sector
- Lobbying actions
- Regulatory and sector monitoring
- Preferred product and service providers
- Access to the wholesale lounge
- Training specific to wholesale trades-articlesoul
- Networking and events between members
How does wholesale represent a real market share?
wholesale sales represented a market of 500 million dollars turnover in Australia.
There are 4 reasons to opt for wholesale:
- Reason 1: reduce packaging waste. Nowadays, disposable packaging represents a third of household waste in Australia.
- Reason 2: fight food waste. Every year, an Australian person wastes around 100 kg of food waste (all cannot be avoided: peelings, bones, etc.)
- Reason 3: create a social link. The wholesale sales departments are real opportunities to improve and promote the link between the customer and the seller through exchanges relating to products, recipes, or the origin of the products.
- Reason 4: Promote the local economy. Wholesale businesses choose to work with local professionals in order to promote short and organic circuits. This makes it possible to increase the growth of local jobs and actively participate in the planet’s protection.
Choose shelves in wholesale, yes, but what are the advantages for the store?
- #1 the price: Indeed, most products sold on wholesale shelves are wholesale foods, therefore the prices are much more attractive to purchase and allow you to make bigger margins by also offering attractive prices to consumers.
- #2 flexibility: thanks to wholesale shelves, it is possible to change product ranges quickly and expand the many ranges put forward.
- #3 organic: this is about offering customers a sales method in line with their beliefs. As said before, most shops that have wholesale shelves are organic shops, so we target consumers concerned about their health, the environment, and the planet…
- #4 simplicity: loose shelves are rather easy to access and clear. They, therefore, do not require many sellers.
- #5 Loyalty: thanks to this method of sale-articlesoul, the business will be able to build the loyalty of customers who are concerned about the environment and sensitive to food waste.
Choose the right material for your shelves
According to various studies and some testimonials, a loose shelf that is poorly cleaned is predestined to failure. Indeed, according to 53% of customers, the two main criteria are the cleanliness of the shelves and the hygiene of the bins. (source green directory)
Before cleaning your store, it is important that your shelves follow certain rules. For example, bins and silos must follow specific criteria such as protecting themselves from insects with waterproof covers or even having solid bins, to avoid any risk of breakage.
A few precautions
Aware that many wholesale products are salty and sweet, we is strongly advised to choose solid containers that are easy to clean and instal-articlesoul.
In order to space out cleaning sessions as much as possible, here are some tips:
- Know the products on sale in order to adapt the cleaning frequencies and the associated products
- Store food in a cool, dry place to limit the proliferation of mites or bacteria
- Maintain the bins before each product change
- Properly dry silos and bins before refilling them
- Provide frequent cleaning of shovels and tongs
A little advice from SCS Group Integrated Services: we advise supermarket professionals to provide additional spare bins and silos in the event of unforeseen breakage.
Shelves and aisles must also be professionally cleaned properly and regularly. Depending on the more or less important traffic of your store, cleaning frequencies can vary between 1 to 3 times a day.
A few easy-to-adopt precautions can be put in place: vacuuming the shelves and shelves regularly will allow you to limit the dispersion of crumbs and products in other aisles.