Maritime license is the way to provide internet facilities on ships and on sees. Launched by the government of India after it became necessary for the people to work from everywhere.
It is a business license that has seen an increase in demand in recent times. Therefore, this article gives you a complete picture about this business certification in India.
The rise of COVID 19 gave us two perspectives – one is to work from home and another to work from anywhere. Now that the lockdown is lifted in most parts of the world, it is the latter that has become a matter of concern. Therefore, the Department of Telecommunication introduced rules for In flight and maritime connectivity in India. Maritime License is the part of it. Trademark Opposition
In this article, we will explore the answers to the following questions:
- What are some important guidelines of the certificate?
- The eligibility of getting maritime license?
- What are the documents you need?
- The process to obtain the license?
What are some of the important guidelines for the license?
The following are some of the important regulations associated with the maritime certificate:
- Only those already in the telecom sector have the permission to apply for the license. It means that if you’re not an ISP license holder, you won’t be allowed to obtain this business certificate.
- The goal of this license is facilitate the general public with internet connectivity. It means that end consumer of your services will be the general public.
- You have permission to only integrate Indian satellites to render the services.
- In case you’re using foreign satellite, approval from ISO is necessary.
What is the eligibility of obtaining Maritime Registration?
As per the DOT guidelines, only those who fit the following eligibility criteria will come into consideration during the application process:
- The applicant should be an ISP company holding the ISP category A License, or
- Applicant should either the NLD license or the VSAT CUG Service License.
- Those applying for the license should have an earth station within their service area.
Entities that signed an agreement with an ISP licensee, NLD licensee, or a VSAT CUG service licensee can also apply for maritime registration subject to the following conditions:
- The applicant company should either be a foreign or an Indian airline company with permit to operate in Indian airspace.
- Applicant Company should either be a foreign or Indian shipping company with permit to operate on Indian territorial waters.
What are the documents required to procure Maritime certification?
The applicant needs the following documents to obtain maritime certifications:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum of Association
- Articles of Association
- Net worth certificate
- Audited Balance sheet
- Earth Station details
- Copy of the telecom license agreement
- In case the applicant is an airline or shipping company, copy of the agreement signed with a TSP is required. Trademark Infringement
What is the process to procure the license to provide internet In-flights and maritime?
The process that the applicant must proceed with in order to obtain the license is as follows:
- Furnish the required documents
- File the application
- Receive the letter of intent
- Deposit the bank guarantees and entry fees
- Sign the IFMC license agreement.
New changes to the working environment made it mandatory for the government to introduce new policies to allow internet access in flights and on seas. If you have the potential to provide this service, call Registrationwala to get start.
Maritime approval allows you to provide internet access in flights and on seas. Read this article to know how to get Maritime certificate in India.